Applications are Open!
Chapter Travel Awards
This award is to support chapter attendance to the 2022 Physics Congress. Each chapter awarded will be provided one (1) room for the duration of the congress, (Wednesday night 10/5/2022 through Sunday morning 10/9/2022). A limited amount of additional funding has been earmarked to support the travel of chapters travelling from Zones 14-18 (West Coast) and non-continental US locations.
- Applications will be submitted through this form and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Chapters may apply for additional rooms, depending on availability, around August 1.
- Applications will require two (2) points of contact-- both faculty and an SPS chapter student member.
- Applications will open until funds are exhausted.
- If approved, chapters pledge to bring 3-4 students to the congress. If a minimum of 3 students from the school are not registered by one month after receipt of application acceptance, the room will be forfeited.
- Attending students must be undergraduate members of SPS.
- Each person staying in the provided housing must present either a poster or art during the 2022 Physics Congress. Abstracts due September 12, 2022.
- Each chapter funded must provide a 500-1000 word article on an assigned topic for the conference. Details will be communicated following approval of award.
Individual Travel Awards
A very limited number of individual travel awards are available for students from students coming without anyone else from their school/chapter. This award will cover the cost of registration, which includes some meals.
- Applications will be submitted through this form and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Applications will remain open until all funds are exhausted.
- Students must be undergraduate members of SPS.
- Each person funded must present either a poster or art during the 2022 Physics Congress.
- Each person funded must provide a 500-1000 word article on an assigned topic for the conference. Details to follow approval of award.
If you receive a Travel Award, you are required to acknowledge the support that you received by including an SPS logo on your poster, available here. Questions should be emailed to sps-programs [at] aip.org.
The 2022 Physics Congress travel awards are funded, in part, by the generosity of Sigma Pi Sigma members and the American Institute of Physics (AIP). To contribute directly to the Physics Congress Student Travel Fund, visit: https://donate.aip.org/