A limited number of SPS Travel Awards, on the order of $200 each, will be offered to help fund SPS members presenting their research at a national meeting of the professional societies in the AIP federation.
- Applicants must be members of the SPS national organization
- Applicant membership must not expire within 30 days following the meeting
- Applicants must be undergraduate students at the time of the meeting for which they are applying
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting and the abstract must have been accepted
To apply for an SPS Travel Award, there are two basic steps:
- Submit your abstract to the society hosting the meeting
- Upon acceptance of your abstract, complete the online application form at least 10 days prior to the meeting for which you would like the award. Include:
- The name, dates, and URL of the meeting for which you would like the travel award, your SPS membership number, and
- A copy of your abstract acceptance email (or equivalent) or an image taken from the meeting website that shows your accepted abstract.
- Only one Travel Award application per abstract will be accepted (even if there are multiple authors).
- After submitting an application, applicants should hear back from the SPS National Office within 10 days.
- SPS Travel Awards are offered to eligible students on a first come, first served basis.
- If you receive an SPS Travel Award, you are required to acknowledge the support that you received from SPS by including an SPS logo on your poster or in your talk. You will also be required to submit a W9 form (or equivalent).
- The award check will be presented at the meeting (if SPS is present) or immediately following the meeting on verification of your attendance.
- A student may not receive an SPS Travel Award and an SPS Reporter Award for the same meeting.
The SPS Travel Award is funded, in part, by the generosity of Sigma Pi Sigma members through donations.