The pinnacle of undergraduate research can be presenting the work on which so many hours have been spent. The PhysCon 2019 Poster Presentation is a wonderful opportunity for students to show off their research and discuss their work with other physicists, both aspiring and experienced.
Presenters will be assigned to one of two poster sessions:
Session One is Friday, November 14 from 10:15 AM -11:45 AM (Poster set up Friday, November 14 from 8:00AM - 8:45AM)
Session Two is Saturday, November 15 from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Poster set up Friday, November 14 from 6:00PM - 7:00PM or Saturday, November 15 from 7:30AM - 8:30AM)
(Schedule subject to change)
Abstracts are submitted during conference registration. Deadline: October 11, 2019.
Read these to have an awesome Poster:
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts should only be submitted once and preferably by the primary author. However, if the primary author is not able to attend the event, it is acceptable for another author to submit and present. Deadline to submit abstracts is October 11.
- Submission form will be available after participants register for PhysCon, starting in May.
- While the presenter is the first author, enter all other author affiliations.
- Select one of the following categories that best describes the work to be presented: Physics, Applied Physics, Theoretical/Computational Physics, Community Engagement or Careers.
- Include a title.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words and should fit in the text box in the form.
- For the best results, consider preparing the abstract as a document and then cut and paste it into the abstract template.
- Care should be taken when entering scientific symbols and/or equations.
- Submissions are considered final once completed so please review the copy and make sure it is accurate. Revisions are not possible.
- SPS staff will work diligently to maintain the format in the abstract template, but authors should use due diligence to make sure that the abstract appears as it is intended, prior to submission.
- Notification of acceptance, which will include the presentation day and time, will be sent to the first author around October 25, 2019.
- A shared poster board will be provided for each accepted presentation at the conference. Standard poster size for SPS is 48 inches wide by 36 inches tall.
For poster presentation tips and resources to improve presentation skills, please visit here.