Omni Providence Hotel
1 West Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903
Omni Central Reservations phone number: 1-800-525-9300
The Omni Providence Hotel is the host hotel for PhysCon 2019 and is connected to the Rhode Island Convention Center, and is situated about 15-20 minutes from the airport and a 10-minute walk from the Providence Amtrak Station. PhysCon kicks off with tour sites on Thursday morning and concludes Saturday night, so expect to stay 3-4 nights.
SPS has negotiated special room rates at the Omni Providence Hotel especially for PhysCon 2019. Hotel accommodations are not part of the Congress registration fee and you must make your reservations separately. Sleeping rooms at past PhysCon hotels have filled up very quickly—we recommend that you make your reservation at the Omni Providence Hotel well in advance of the deadline. Otherwise, you may have to stay at another hotel in the area.
Hotel Reservation Deadline: October 17, 2019, or earlier if rooms sell-out.
- Single/double/per night: $179.00 plus 13% tax (for a total of $202.27/night).
- Rooms are available in either one king or two double beds
- Maximum number of guests in a standard room is four people
- Complimentary standard Wi-Fi service is included in guest rooms
Deposit / Payment
A valid deposit for one night’s room and tax is required to confirm all reservations.
- The deposit can be made by credit card.
- Acceptable credit cards: Visa, MC, AMEX, Diners Club, or Discover.
- Don’t combine your hotel deposit with any other payment.
- Reservations received without payment cannot be processed.
Make a Reservation
- Option 1: On-line: www.omnihotels.com/hotels/providence/meetings/sigma-pi-sigma-2019-physics-congress (preferred method)
- Option 2: Call 1-800-525-9300 Toll Free or 1-402-952-6646. Identify yourself as an attendee at the 2019 Physics Congress (PhysCon 2019), give the Reservation Code: SIGMA PI SIGMA, and ask for the special conference rate.
We implore you to consider the importance of fulfilling AIP/PhysCon's financial obligations to the Congress hotel. We appreciate everyone's support in booking within the official Congress hotel block. Click here to learn more about helping AIP/PhysCon avoid attrition fees. Be sure to mention Reservation Code: SIGMA PI SIGMA or the PhysCon 2019 room block to secure the group rate.
Cancellation and Changes
Cancellation and changes to a confirmed reservation can be made on-line or by calling. Failure to cancel your hotel reservation with the hotel within 72-hours prior to your arrival will result in a cancellation fee equal to the first night’s room rate. Notification of an early departure must be given at or before check-in to avoid an early departure fee of one-night room and tax.
- To cancel on-Line: www.omnihotels.com/hotels/providence/meetings/sigma-pi-sigma-2019-physics-congress
- To cancel by phone call: 1-800-525-9300 Toll Free or 1-402-952-6646
The Omni Providence Hotel will send a confirmation of your reservation. Please review your confirmation for accuracy. We strongly recommend that you bring your confirmation number and have it available when you check into the Hotel at PhysCon 2019.
Transportation: (See PhysCon 2019 FAQ for more information)
- The Omni Providence is a 10-minute walk from Providence Amtrak/T Train Station
- The hotel is a 15–20-minute drive (10 miles) from T.F. Green Airport
- Providence Station – .12 miles
- The hotel concierge can arrange car rental, limousine or town car service
- Martha's Vineyard Port – 10 miles
- Logan International Airport (Boston) – 50 miles. Once in Boston, train travel from Boston to Providence is available and very reasonably priced. Look for fare information at www.mbta.com. South Station is the closest stop to the airport and easily accessible and free using the Silver Line. Details here: www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-from-logan/transportation-options/taking-the-t/
The Rhode Island Convention Center (RICC) offers a parking facility that is easily accessible from all major highways and is connected to the Omni Providence Hotel, the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, and the Providence Place Mall. They boast a state-of-the-art security system and a professionally trained staff, which translates into the most secure place to park in the City of Providence.
- Easy in/out parking
- 2,400 parking spaces
- 33 handicapped parking spaces
- 24/7 camera monitoring
- 24/7 on-site roving security personnel
- 22 emergency call boxes
- Superior lighting
- Color coded locations
- Daily rates are available. Enter the facility at or after 7:00AM and exit by midnight. Otherwise, hourly rates apply.
- Overnight Rate: $20
- We are a 24/7 facility. Our Overnight Rate increments to a maximum of $20 per each 24-hour period.
- Hourly Rates range from $5 - $20
- Early Bird Rate: For information regarding our Early Bird Program please call 401.458.6339.
- Lost Ticket Fee: $22