This week I continued working on analyzing and understanding periodic density structures in the solar wind, now more specifically in pseudo-streamers. A pseudo-streamer is a stream of solar wind that does not have an electric current.
This week brought back a bit of much needed respite from the hectic work weeks previously. With congress on recess I was able to relax a bit and give my suits a break for a week. The pace change took some getting used to.
This week has been a flurry of meeting people and making sense of the technical side of the business case I am presenting at the end of the summer. I met a few of the people in charge of developing AIP's business case template.
It has been another exciting week for this SPS intern. On Monday, Rebecca and I went to UMD at Shady Grove to share some of our lesson plans with in-service STEM teachers that are in a Masters course on STEM education.
This week has been quite as packed as the last. On Tuesday, I went to a 100K in 10 Solutions Lab where we discussed how to incorporate the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) into a successful curriculum for STEM teachers.
This is the third week of my internship. That’s 504 hours, or 30,240 minutes, or 1,814,400 seconds spent as an SPS intern. A lot of progress has been made on our project. Our group is mostly just plugging along, going through the lesson plans a second time.